Dr. Yassin received his medical degree from the University of Baghdad-Iraq. After completing internship and residency at the SUNY Downstate at Long Island College Hospital, he completed fellowship in cardiology at the State University of New York- Downstate Medical center at the University Hospital of Brooklyn and interventional cardiology training at Winthrop University Hospital in New York.
He is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases, Adult Echocardiography, Nuclear Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology.
He practices all aspects of interventional and non-invasive cardiology and has a special interest in Angioplasty, stent placement and atherectomy for coronary heart disease as well as the following:
- Percutaneous ventricular assist device placement for high-risk angioplasty and heart failure.
- Trans-catheter Aortic Valve replacement (TAVR) and valvuloplasty.
- Mitral Valvuloplasty and mitral valve repair (Mitraclip).
- ASD/PFO closure.
- Peripheral vascular angiograms and angioplasty.
- Implantable permanent pacemakers.
- Alcohol Septal ablation for Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy